A cute and cheap Christmas ornament idea.
**I know I found this recipe online a few years ago, but I cannot remember where I found it to give proper credit**
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. salt
- 1/2 c. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil (increase amount for more fragrant cookies) [I found this at Walmart on the aisle with the candles and incense, and it was $1 or less]
- 1 c. water
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add water gradually and stir continuously until completely absorbed. Knead for a few minutes. Chill, covered, for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator before proceeding.
- Roll dough flat on parchment paper until 1/4 inch thick. Cut designs with a cookie cutter or freehand with a small knife. Pierce a hole in the top with the end of a chopstick.
- Place cookies on parchment paper. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 3 hours. Remove when very firm and set aside to cool. Thread with string or ribbon and hang on tree.
And one more photo of them hanging on our Christmas tree, because it looks so cute and Christmasy: