Can you believe I didn't get any burp cloths at my baby shower? I know I could just use a blanket, but I wanted a burp cloth. I didn't get these made before the baby came, but my mom whipped these out while she was staying with me to help out. So this craft is courtesy of my amazing mom.
Aren't moms amazing? My mom was here for a few days with me and she did SOOO much. My mom is honestly SuperMom. She deep-cleaned my oven, swept and mopped my kitchen, cleaned out all the old food in my fridge, along with a million other small projects - and all while taking care of me and a new baby. I wish that some day I am half as amazing as my mom. Thanks again Mom!
Monday, December 6, 2010
A cute and cheap Christmas ornament idea.
**I know I found this recipe online a few years ago, but I cannot remember where I found it to give proper credit**
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. salt
- 1/2 c. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil (increase amount for more fragrant cookies) [I found this at Walmart on the aisle with the candles and incense, and it was $1 or less]
- 1 c. water
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add water gradually and stir continuously until completely absorbed. Knead for a few minutes. Chill, covered, for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator before proceeding.
- Roll dough flat on parchment paper until 1/4 inch thick. Cut designs with a cookie cutter or freehand with a small knife. Pierce a hole in the top with the end of a chopstick.
- Place cookies on parchment paper. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 3 hours. Remove when very firm and set aside to cool. Thread with string or ribbon and hang on tree.
And one more photo of them hanging on our Christmas tree, because it looks so cute and Christmasy:
Sunday, December 5, 2010
We don't have a changing table. We have a changing pad on the top of a dresser. More economical and it works for us. The only problem was the lack of storage. Problem solved! Hanging on the wall above our changing pad you'll find this lovely diaper organizer I sewed:
Where we can keep our diapers and wet wipes within a hand's reach while the baby is being changed. Already it's been a life saver for us.