Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My New Apron

I love aprons.
They remind me of my mom.
She always seems to have an apron on.

And I wanted a cute apron.
I found so many cute ones online to make,
I may have to make some more.

Here is the apron I really loved.
It is a combination of this one I saw on Flirty Aprons
I am so happy with how it turned out.
I LOVE IT!
I love the fabric I used - I love the 2 prints together.


My favorite part:
It's reversible!
Score!
2 aprons in one.


I followed the tutorial above to make it, with a few exceptions.
Here are the changes I made:
Rounded the bottom of the apron
(to make it more like the Flirty Apron style)
Added pleats around the pocket
(cut 2" strips and pleats are measured every 1 inch)
Changed the bottom pleats
(cut at 5.5" and not the tutorials 6") 
(pleat strips are measured every 3" with a 1" pleat instead of 2" for both)
The apron tie goes around the front of the apron so I can tie in back
Sewed a strip on to the backside so either way has a waist tie.
Added simple pockets to the backside

What I'd do differently next time:
I don't like how thick the seams are when sewing the strips together for the pleats and the waistband. I would use the technique used when making your own quilt binding.
Here is a tutorial on what I'm trying to describe.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I LOVE it!!! I hope your making some to sell...I could definately use a new apron. And I love that it's double sided, good job!