Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Healthy Spaghetti



How come I didn't know about spaghetti squash before now?  Holy cow, it's amazing.  As if spaghetti couldn't get any quicker to make, along came the spaghetti squash and made spaghetti quicker AND healthier!  I really don't like squash, but this kind I can handle.  And since it's so easy to make, I can give you the recipe all in 3 simple photos!


Step 1:  Cut spaghetti squash lengthwhise and clean out seeds.  Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes at 375. Or you can cook it in the microwave in about 5 minutes - just put the squash (rind side up) in a bowl with a little water in the bottom.

Step 2: When the insides are soft, run a fork along the sides, and the squash separates into perfect spaghetti strands


Step 3:  Looks just like spaghetti!  Top it with whatever you'd normally put on the pasta stuff.  I love it served back in the shell, like the first photo.


No comments: